Roma Series

Wasp's Nest - Gabriel Valjan

This is the second book in the Roma Series. Bianca is back, this time in Boston, to investigate Cyril Sargent and Nasonia Pharmaceutical. She will be researching wasp's and what the company is doing with them. The research is for cancer research which is great, but of course the big pharmaceuticals don't want cancer to be cured because it would mean a huge loss in revenue.

Bianca's friends Farrugia and Gennaro are also back to let Bianca know that there is an assassin gunning for her. She is also working with her secretive online friend, Loki, who she still does not know the identity of, just online.

To return to Boston meant leaving her lover, Dante in Rome. Returning to Rendition, a secretive agency, meant sacrifices for her but this was what she loved to do, bring individuals to justice. We meet new characters, police detectives and owners of restaurants, and a former lover of Bianca's also turns up, the reader also gets to learn more of italian cuisine, my favorite part.

There is a lot of scientific and technical material to wade through but this is important to the story. Lots of twists and turns that make a great thriller, keeps the reader guessing until the end. There is a lot to like in Mr.Valjan's writings and I look forward to the next books in the series.

This review is written voluntarily.