Two Graves

Two Graves: A Novella (Retribution Series Book 1) - Zoe Kalo
This book is different, to say the least. To say the best, it is page turning. Written in two separate time frames, present and 7 years previous, it tells the reader the story of a young woman, who has suffered tremendous loss and is out for revenge. She lives with her mother and her son, Shaun. I got the feeling that she really didn't get along that well with her mother and that sets up part of the story.

Angelica suffered a traumatic event and we really don't find out what it is until the ending. The tale takes place in the present in one evening, an audition for Angelica as she is a violinist. In the past we learn about the reason for the revenge she seeks. To tell you how she accomplishes this revenge would be to give away too much. Suffice it to say that this is one of those stories, even though it is only 70 pages that definitely has the reader thinking if Angelica can and will go through what she started out to do and get the retribution she seeks.

I enjoyed this story a lot and highly recommend this author.

I received a copy of this book for review purposes and I did this review voluntarily.