A Great Series!

Cleansed by Death (A Jo Oliver Thriller) (Volume 1) - Catherine Finger

I love police procedurals, especially ones that features strong women. Cleansed by Death is certainly one of those stories that if you love a good mystery, that you can sink your teeth into. Filled with likeable characters, and some not so likeable and a plot that will keep you wanting more.

Chief of Police Josie Oliver is married to a disillusioned and angry man, also a policeman, though demoted who seems to blame Josie for all of his issues. The last straw is when he destroys their home and belongings in a fit of rage. Luckily for Josie, she has great friends who can help her in her time of need.

A case that she is working on along with the FBI involves the murders of women across the country, named the Mentor Sister Serial Killer case. When things start to strike a little close to home, solving the case becomes paramount. Melding the case along with her private life takes Josie and an old flame on a journey of mystery, love and faith.

I had not read any of this author's work but I intend to read more, as a matter of fact, I received the second in the series today! I really enjoyed this fast paced mystery.