The Shadow Ally

The Shadow Ally (The Yankee Years Book 1) - Dianne Ascroft

The Shadow Ally takes place in June of 1941 just on the brink of war. The Americans are not in the war yet but preparing for it as they build a flying boat base in Irvinestown, County Fermanagh in Northern Ireland. An American, Frank Longo is staying at the hotel belonging to Ruth Corey's family. She is attracted to Frank but has a fiance, Harry Coalter. Ruth is curious about Frank and does some snooping when she cleans Frank's room and learns things that she probably should not have. She also becomes suspicious of Harry's behavior along with an ambitious reporter, she finds things in his room that cause her some concern. Is Harry's being treasonous and telling secrets that should not be divulged? Ruth takes her concerns to Frank and the story goes from there. This story is a short read, I read it in two sittings, set in a turbulent time in our history and how America and Ireland became involved in the beginning of WWII. A time of intrigue and danger, an exciting read for sure. The ending left me wanting more so I will have to read the second in the series for sure! The Shadow Ally will be followed by the second in the series continuing Ruth's story. I received a copy of this book for review and for my honest thoughts.