A great murder mystery!

A Piece of You (Sami Rizzo series Book 3) - D.M. Annechino
Prologue:
   "It's hard for me to believe that just a short time ago, I lived a peaceful, content life. I was a proud father, devoted husband, good neighbor and friend to many. But all of that has changed. She has stolen my neat and orderly life and has sentenced me to live in misery.
   Whatever, the case, they're all going to die, each and every one of them. It begins today"...prologue from A Piece of You.

Is revenge the answer for loss? In some people's hearts and minds it is. There is a serial killer at work in San Diego. Not your typical serial killer either. Why would a serial killer be merciful in his method of murder but still be brutal enough to cut off the leg of the victim. There has to be a reason.

Detective Sami Rizzo and her partner Osbourn (Ozzie) arrive at the scene of the first murder victim, Theresa Westgate, they find that the victim's right leg had been cut off postmortem. Why would someone do such a thing? That is the job of Sami and Ozzie and when they interview the siblings of Theresa, the case becomes more difficult. Theresa was a woman who had no enemies, just a very nice woman so what could the motive be? As there are more murders, the puzzle clues come together and we eventually find that maybe sometimes revenge is not as simple as it may seem.

This is third in the series of Sami Rizzo Thrillers and a very good one at that. I did not read the previous ones so I can say that this can be read as a stand alone. As the story goes on we not only learn a bit more about Sami but also the killer and as to his motives for his revenge killings. So I think if you love a good crime/thriller novel, then give this author a shot. If you want to start from book 1 in the series, by all means but read them you should. I give this book 5 stars for the plot, writing, all of it.