Pop Goes the Weasel

Pop Goes the Weasel: DI Helen Grace 2 by M. J. Arlidge (11-Sep-2014) Paperback - M.J. Arlidge

Pop Goes the Weasel is the second book in the series featuring Detective Helen Grace. Helen is good at what she does, is a flawed individual with a dark side that enables her to find the bad guy. Murdered men are showing up with their hearts ripped out and delivered to a loved one. Who is committing these horrific murders? It appears that it is someone who is punishing men for visiting prostitutes. Buy why?

Helen and her team race against the clock to find out who is committing these murders and stop them before there are more. As with Eeny Meeny, there is definitely a creepy element to the plot. There are characters carried over from the first novel, except that Helen now has a different boss. There were some serious repercussions from the previous case, which includes a co-worker returning to duty after her injuries that occurred in Eeny Meeny. Plus there is a reporter who seems to undermine Helen at every turn. A taut thriller which has an ending that I did not see coming.

I enjoy this series and hope to read more! Thanks to Netgalley for a copy of this book for review. I was not monetarily compensated for my thoughts.
- See more at: http://celticladysreviews.blogspot.com/2015/10/pop-goes-weasel-by-mjarlidge-spotlight.html#sthash.BPn1mjEH.dpuf