Watch the Shadows

Watch The Shadows - Robin Winter

Watching the Shadows starts out simply as a man named Winsome, finds a dismembered leg along the side of the highway. Brian the postman sees a shadow that moves, Meg Shrands cat is missing and teenager Nicole also sees things move in her peripheral vision. What starts out as a pretty tame story, ends up packing a wallop. The homeless people of the town are disappearing and there is an overabundance of plastic bags floating around.

Without giving away too much, I will say that this book reminded me of the old movie, The Blob...very creepy things are going on in this little town, a handful of people must try to save the town from a predator that is wrecking havoc on it's residents. I always love to read a good horror story and this one was pretty good. It started out a bit slow for me but I think think it was the setting up of the story line and characters by the author. By the middle of the book I was hooked.

The ending had me thinking a bit, on how much we as inhabitants of this planet are polluting it. With that said I think that this is a book that has all the right elements for the sci fi genre. I don't generally care to read this genre but I found this book to be very well written and from what I got out of the story is that the author intended for there to be a lesson learned. Give this book a try, I don't think you will be disappointed.